Monday, February 07, 2005

INTERVIEW: Resident Evil: Apocalypse's Sienna Guillory

My Bloody Valentine

Matt Chapman asks Sienna Guillory how much fun it is to kick undead ass...


We hear you’re a big fan of the Resident Evil games?
I don’t know where people have got that from. I was aware of the game, it’s the dog’s nuts. But I couldn’t play it, it was too hard. I got someone to complete the game and video it, so I could watch it like a movie.

How was it fighting in Jill Valentine's costume?
Not as easy as it could have been. I couldn’t do any big kicks because it just becomes a big knicker shot!

Did you get any pressure from fans of the game?
This girl asked if I was playing Jill Valentine and I said yes. She said “Don’t fuck it up!” then rolled up her sleeve and showed me her Umbrella Corporation tattoo. After that I watched the game constantly and the wiggle thing, I got that into the walk.

What’s the consistent appeal of zombie movies?
I suppose it’s the guilt-free euphoria you feel from shooting something that’s already dead. You can be as violent and sadistic as you like. And also it’s a lot more terrifying being hunted down by something you can’t reason with in any way, shape or form.

Will there be a love story in the third movie?
Between Jill and Milla? That would be a very bold move. [laughs] I think sparks are flying between Carlos and Milla’s characters.

Buy Resident Evil: Apocalypse on DVD at Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home