Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Subject Matters

Warner Bros. is releasing a Friends trivia game, just in time for that Xmas cash-in. Not that you'd guess that from the subject line of their email.

From: "Jess Filbey"
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:22:21 +0100
To: "Matt Chapman"
Subject: Friends Cast Interview Opportunities


Can you imagine how many Soho-slacker journalists spluttered into their mochachinos or spilled their half-caf double Lattes when this email rolled into their mailboxes? This isn't anywhere near our beat and even I did a massive double-take and wondered how I could get a sci-fi angle out of an interview with the Friends cast.

But before I got too excited I let my cynical side take over again and carried on reading the rest of the message, to see what the catch was.

FRIENDS CAST INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES
http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/warner/friends_game.htm

This is your chance to chat about the most loved TV show of all time with a couple of people who are really in the know. That’s right; Warner Home Video are bringing a couple of the FRIENDS cast over to the UK for interview.


Oh my god it's true! Who would it be? I could be hanging out with Chanandler Bong, letting Jennifer Aniston cry on my shoulder and tell me about bad Brad, or just taking the piss out of Schwimmer. I had to read on and find out where to cash in this golden ticket!

Maggie Wheeler, who plays the unforgettable Janice, girlfriend of Chandler Bing and the woman with the most notorious comedy laugh on television and James Michael Taylor, Central Perks Gunther and long term admirer of Rachel, are going to visit the UK during November.

TO DO LIST:
Click Delete button.
Replace feet on the ground.
Wipe away tear of sadness and hope no-one in the office is looking.
Add another layer to the protective hide all tired cynic journos eventually end up wearing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home