Monday, June 21, 2004

It's all in the details

I mentioned a bet involving my hair in the previous post, and I thought it was best to get some clarification. So I sent Paul Allen - a witness to the proceedings - the following email:
"I was so drunk last night I had a kebab. But I'm pretty sure I wasn't drunk enough to bet my hair. And no-one would hold me to it would they?"


After a few agonising days wait while he was on holiday, this is the response:
"Hi Matt,
I've just got your email after my week off and I'm in suitably mellow mood. Not that mellow, however.
The executive committee of the Drunken Gambling Committee (P Allen, N. Palmer, D. Ludlow) has considered your request and rejected it on the grounds of cowardice, utter wimpiness and treason.
However, in recognition of the detrimental effect of the sentence on existing agreements with Jane, we will commute the term to a grade 1-all over should England fail to progress.
Should be a good game tonight!
Paul Allen"


Oh well, at least I won't have to get the bics out to finish the job.


Our final group game tonight may be painful viewing since I'll be watching it with Paul and Nick again. But we've already seen one major team take an early bath, are we Spain in disguise?


I really enjoyed my honeymoon in Croatia, and that'll be my excuse if you see me jumping up at the first Croat goal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home