Wednesday, April 27, 2005

POKER: Place your bets!

I thought I'd use my blog to keep track of my gambling habits, since I suddenly realised I have no idea whether I'm up or down, in profit or out of business. This is poor book keeping on my part and what's the point in playing the games if I'm not going to keep score? Currently I have a number of online accounts, some for poker and some for football bets.

£41.34 Sportingbet
£10.00 Blue Square
£22.69 Victor Chandler Poker
£44.65 TruePoker ($85.00)
£118.68 TOTAL

This might seem a lot to the average man in the street, but most of the TruePoker account was a freebie from a feature I wrote about poker. I keep meaning to extract it but I have to confirm my details with them and I haven't got around to it yet. And the Sportingbet account was £10 but I won my last football bet and decided to leave it in there. I've only just opened the BlueSquare account because after my first £10 bet I get a free £25 flutter (but more about that when I actually use it).
As well as this online stake I also play poker regularly with real life people, in real life places. This is usually small buy-in tournaments so I know the maximum I can lose, but I dabble in the occasional cash game as well. I'll be keeping track of that on here too.
I thought about waiting until next Monday to start this log because I have an unusual weekend coming up. Barney's Home Games has finally given our group a call and we'll be shuffling up and dealing this Saturday. In order to stay on TV I'll need to play in a cash game that runs for several hours and could cost me much more than I'm normally willing to spend. But since this is a one-off opportunity I'm going to make an exception. I have already chosen some extra reviews for myself (I'm a hack for a sci-fi magazine), safe in the knowledge that when they're done I can flog the DVDs on Ebay and recoup any possible (or should that be probable) losses. Safety net aside, I'm still going to count any plusses or minuses from Saturday's game in this round-up. Maybe I just like a challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home