Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Tired of being awake

Can't quite seem to get to sleep tonight/this morning. It's not like I haven't tried, I gave it a full hour and forty minutes before getting back up to play poker. Now that I'm sitting at my laptop I don't feel like spending this precious time so frivolously. I thought it might be a good idea to work on my website some more.

I got turned down for a Google Ads account today, because the site is still under construction. I figure if I can get some other major parts up they'll have to reconsider. And I've been meaning to get my CV sorted out - complete with scanned-in cuttings - for a while now. Hopefully it will be a great backup to a black and white printed list of my achievements so far. Having just sorted through a pile of applicants for our news editor job I can tell you how easy it is to dismiss CVs for the most trivial reasons.

Looking over my past efforts made me realise one thing - in January I'll have been in London for 10 years. I gave up my job packing plates in Stoke-on-Trent to join a course at the Journalism Training Centre, and I haven't looked back since.

I think it's time to organise a little reunion. Well, it's not like my school will ever do it and, to be honest, would I show up if it did?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home