Saturday, April 30, 2005

POKER: Beer and poker don't mix

It's a sad fact that alcohol and poker, the two loves of my life (what are you moaning about wife, you're in the top three!), don't mix. I've known this from previous online encounters after a night at the pub. But with the big game tomorrow I felt I needed a bit of warm up play tonight, despite drinking my own bodyweight in lager at the pub earlier.
Against my better judgement I played the (slightly) higher stakes tournament tables - $2 to $5 - because the 10c tables just don't have the same standards of play. And that's why I'm already £7.57 down just one day after starting this challenge. Way to go Matt.
If I was superstitious I'd say this was a bad sign, but thankfully I have so many other hangups that superstition doesn't even get a look in. And I've managed to get good odds on a couple of football games tomorrow (Arsenal to beat West Brom and Ipswitch to beat Crewe: £10 pays back £23.30) so I could be ahead again pretty soon. Of course, that's not counting the money Barney's going to be carrying away in a wheelbarrow tomorrow.
Current Bankroll Total: 111.11 (-£7.57)

OK, when the total appears as a freaky number like 111.11 I know I'm supposed to get superstitious, but it's late and there'll be plenty of time for that in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home