Friday, November 11, 2005

Thank Noah!

I'm not a religious man. In fact if it turns out there is a God, I'm planning to give him a piece of my mind rather than repent and try to get into his exclusive country club.

I'm of the impression that the bible is just a collection of stories that have been passed down and altered. This was done by the church itself when analysing the texts (to fit in with its world view), as well as by the act of passing them along in the oral tradition of storytelling from one person to another.

However, if all it all turns out to be true, then I'd like to thank Noah for his hard work. I'm not talking about his handyman skills in getting that boat finished, I mean his skills at getting two of each animal on board.

It can't have been easy getting two pigs and two chickens onto a boat, even worse still living with the stink of their faeces. But if he hadn't gone to all of that trouble I wouldn't be able to enjoy a bacon and egg sandwich - the king of all hangover cures.

Next week: how St. Paul invented Vanilla Coke after a night on the tiles in Damascus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home