Thursday, March 30, 2006

QPR vs Stoke City

I went to the QPR game last night. What a pisser!

Stoke were dreadful in the first half. QPR's goal after about four minutes was a joke and could have been cleared by a couple of Stoke players. I had to leave someone's birthday drinks to go to the match, and when the ref gave QPR a penalty after about 10 minutes I thought I'd made a terrible mistake! Thank god it was such a weak effort and easily saved.

The ref was the funniest thing about the game. He reminded me of the Second Division refs who had no idea what they were doing, before we finally escaped back into The Championship. At one point he gave a goal kick to QPR when even the QPR players were saying it must have cannoned off their player. He backpeddled on that one - something I've never seen a ref do before.

And the first time we got into their box in the second half all the Stoke player had to do was fall over like the QPR man had in the first half and it was a guaranteed penalty. At 1-1 it looked like we might actually get something from an appalling game. Then something strange happened to QPR, like the sleep drugs in the half time cup of tea finally kicked in. The team seemed to give up and with about 15 minutes to go Stoke passed it around their box before one of our players could be arsed to tap it in.

That was the winning goal. Cue a mental and a rendition of Delilah. Not a bad evening and I have to applaud any game where I can get a tube home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home