Sunday, September 11, 2005

DVD: Box of the Banned

Banned Aid

It's a week until we go to press so I'm on mop-up duty for a lot of reviews that need doing at the last minute. Every month I promise myself I won't take on too much, but I've gone a bit mad this time. The list of those still to be written is below, although I've already played or watched the ones in bold:

FILM – R-Point (100 words)
DVD - Box of the Banned (180 words)
DVD - The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lava Girl in 3D (250 words)
DVD – Star Trek: Enterprise Season Four (250 words)
GAME – X-Men Legends II (250 words)
GAME – The Suffering Ties That Bind (100 words)
MERCHANDISE – Corpse Bride figures (150 words)
MERCHANDISE – Christine remote control car (100 words)

Box of the Banned

The one that's taking the most time is Box of the Banned. This is made up of six movies that were only available as dodgy-copy videos when I was at school, plus a new documentary. You'd think out of Driller Killer, The Evil Dead, Zombie Flesh Eaters, Last House on the Left, Nightmares in a Damaged Brain and I Spit on Your Grave I'd have seen at least one of them. But the reason I took this job on is that I've made it to the tender age of 32 without ever crossing their paths. (criminal!)

So far today I've fed my brain The Evil Dead, Last House on the Left and Driller Killer. I think I might have a break before I go any further. Of course, if The Daily Mail is right and these films are a danger to society then I will kill soon. Possibly as part of a spree. Just keep an eye out for my photofit picture on Crime Watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home