Sunday, August 21, 2005

Under Construction

Another issue of the magazine put to bed means I have some time to work on my website. What do you mean "What website?" My newly-acquired www.meejaboy.com, of course.

Don't get too excited, though. I have a habit of buying websites and not doing anything with them. Did Matrixtales.com ever showcase any of my stories based on The Matrix? Did icandy.co.uk ever turn into a film and video review site? No, they didn't, because I never found the time. I could find the time to be in the pub, watch countless hours on pulp television and football or simply sleep for entire weekends - but doing something useful? No way.

I'm determined to make this one work for me though. I'm going to sandwich my blog into it so there's always some new drivel up there. But I can't decide whether to have this stream-of-unconsciousness on the front page or as a link. Does it paint me in a good light? Or make me seem like I should be setting up Alcaholics & Gamblers Anonymous? (AGA, for people who don't have time to attend both meetings)

What I'm really hoping to do is showoff some of my other skills. A freelance section with links and scans of my work may help to pull in some extra work. I might also have a story section, for all those things I've written that will never be published (by anyone else). And an up-to-date CV could always catch the eye of the folks at Empire or Total Film. In my dreams.

I'm actually getting excited. Hang on, the footie's starting on the TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home