Monday, August 15, 2005

Job done

Following my little rant a few weeks ago, it's nice to realise how lucky you are. Nothing brings this home as much as doing some of my old job for freelance dosh. Below is a little taster:

Step 5
If you already have a Skype account, click the Existing Users tab (1) and log in. Otherwise, type a username (2) into the top box. Select a password (3) and repeat it (4) in the boxes below. Leave a tick in the checkbox (5) if you want to log in automatically each time – remove this if you’re not the only person using the PC and you want to protect your Skype account. Put a tick in the checkbox (6) to confirm you have read the licensing agreement from Step 2. The Next button (7) then becomes active, click it to continue.


While it's nice to remember where you came from, it's also surprising that I could put up with writing this kind of thing for Web User as a full-time job for MORE THAN THREE YEARS! I guess I really did like working from home.

The funny thing is that it's actually nice to have something like this to do again, where you can switch off your critical functions and just get down to the nuts and bolts of things. I find it much easier to write practicals and workshops than I do to start work on that sitcom idea or pull some of my novel notes together into a workable story. Maybe I could pitch a comedy based on getting Microsoft Windows to work or deleting your browser Favorites?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home