Saturday, December 31, 2005

TV / FILM: 2006 Preview

OK, So What's Next?

Yeah, yeah. It's fine doing the whole 2005-had-some-good-bits post, but what about the coming year? Well right now I only have a few things I can recommend, and two of those are just me hoping they're going to be great - I have no intelligence that says they won't be brown and smelly. With that in mind, here we go.

TV
Life on Mars
The BBC TV ads still say coming soon, even though the PR people are telling me it's mid January. The pitch for this show? - It's Back to the Future meets The Sweeney. That should be enough to get you watching the first episode just to see if it's true. But I'm lucky enough to have already seen the first episode and I'm telling you to WATCH THIS SHOW. Don't make me come over there, you slag.

FILM

X-men 3X-Men 3
This movie has to be shite. There's been one good X-men Movie and one great X-men movie. How do you top that? It's changed directors more times than I've changed pants in the last week (well it was Xmas) and Vinnie Jones is in it. So what the hell is going on with the trailer, the buzz from the cast and the general vibe from any bits seen so far. It looks better than the first two films - can that really be true?!

V for Vendetta
I don't try and force comics on people who don't like reading comics. But there are two graphic novels I would suggest everyone reads: The Watchmen and V for Vendetta. Both are more evocative than most films and are better reads than the current top 10 novels on the bestseller list. The early word on the V movie was awful, but the latest trailer for the film seems to capture the comic to a T. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but it seems damn good.

And yes I posted this at the time it says below. That's how committed I am to my blog readers, I wanted to get this in before the New Year started. How am I going to say "I told you so" otherwise :)

Happy New Year all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home