Monday, January 02, 2006

A Married Man's Fantasy (Football)

Fantasy BeLeaguered

Like Stoke City's string of managers over the past few years, I have an uncanny ability to guide a football team into mid-table. So much so that this year I called my teams Mid-Table Shiteness and Mid-Table Madness. They are, predictably, both mid-table. They started out with exactly the same players and have grown apart as I've experimented with people who seem to be hitting their form or who are clearly having a good season.

I'm not as into this as everyone else who plays is. I'm just trying to have one good month and win a prize (either something to the value of £80 or two tickets to a Chelsea home game depending on which game you win, so worth going for). With that in mind I do monitor who's doing well and who's injured, which isn't too hard since I read a daily football email and watch a lot of games.

Sadly, my plan is clearly rubbish when it comes to creating a successful team. I mean, take my wife (please ;> ). She looks at the team sheet, recognises a few names from watching international football and spends her £50 million. She doesn't follow the league or make any changes to her team. And where does that get her? Six points and three places above muggins here.

To make it worse, my team in the Edelman league has 198 points, but Jane isn't playing in that game!

Fantasy BeLeaguered2


I'm taking my ball and going home...

1 Comments:

At 11:18 am, Blogger Jane Hoskyn said...

But knowledge and experience always win out, and this week you're pissing all over me in the leaderboard. It's only fair.

I'll be back, though. You watch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home